New Jersey Moving Tips
Items that should be handled by the customer include:
- You should plan on transporting all valuables such as money, jewelry, and important papers
- You must dispose of or transport yourself all items that are flammable, explosive or corrosive.
- Any items located in an attic with a pull down stair case must be brought down for packing or loading.
- Refrigerators or freezers should be emptied and defrosted prior to load day.
- Trash cans and barbeque grills must be free of debris and washed out prior to load day.
Combustible Liquids - Rubbing Alcohol, Antifreeze Compounds, Disinfectants, Any Type of Combustible Cleaning Material
Explosives - Black Powder, Primers, Dynamite, Plastic or Similar Explosives, Fireworks, Ammunition (any kind)
Gasses, Compressed - Engine Starter Fluids, Gases Used in Welding, Scuba Diving Tanks (purged and tagged), Propane Tanks (any kind even if purged), Fire Extinguishers
Corrosive Liquids - Acids, Rust Preventatives, Bleach, Household Batteries, Automobile Batteries (not part of auto), Darkroom & Pool Chemicals
Flammables - Adhesives (glue, cements), Aerosol Cans, Ammonia & Cleaning Fluids, Weed Killers (pesticides in general), Gasoline/Diesel, Fuel/Motor Oil, Kerosene, Hand Signal Flares, Lighter Fluids/Charcoal/Sterno, Matches, Oil-based Paint Removers, Stain, Lacquer, Varnish, Paint Thinners, Liquid Polishes
House Plants - Any Kind
Food - Fresh and Frozen, Signs of Insect Infestation, Liquids, Food Not in Sealed Containers
Candles - May melt
If your goods are going into storage it is recommended that all food items even dried or canned be considered perishable.
** Please note that we request you place all items that we are not moving in a secure area away from the goods we will be transporting.
Contact UsA.A. American Moving & Storage
414 West Main Street
Wyckoff, NJ 07481